Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Did you hear the one about......... ?

......the guy on the bike trip that got hit by a car while walking?  Luckily it was only a glancing hit but still resulted in a broken arm.  As a result, I had to end the trip in Charleston.  Given all the possibilities and the unbelievable help of my hosts in Charleston, this is just a blip, not something worse.  I look forward to riding again soon and will return to finish the trip sometime in the future but not this year.  Thanks to all those who followed my trip.  I would urge all those so inclined to please make a contribution to the New Paltz Educational Foundation as a gesture of support for my efforts and in support of our wonderful school district.  Keep on the lookout for more trips in the future.  As my wonderful wife said, the house was so clean while I was away!  Cycling and giving, two things good for the soul.  Thanks again for all your support.

David

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Everyone at the library is wishing you a speedy recovery! --Nell, Nicole, Amy et al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, I'm glad you're OK, but I'm really, really sorry this wonderful and inspirational journey of yours is over.....for the time being, at least. I'm going to miss the daily updates.
    Bounce back fast-- I know you will!
    Doug H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete